David rejoined the F&SS team in 2017 to be involved with several major projects that the company had involvement with across the globe. David initially worked with F&SS between 1999 to 2008 where he gained valuable experience and knowledge in the areas of fire services design, auditing and risk management, project management and site supervision.
David Pickersgill has been involved in the construction industry and heavy industrial field his entire working career and has worked on projects in Australia, Papua New Guinea, South East Asia, Africa, The Middle East and South America.
During David’s service across the globe, he has gained a detailed understanding of fire system requirements and become fully conversant with the Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards, International Standards and the use of performance fire system design criteria to improve system efficiencies and reduce installation costs.
David has been employed as a designer, estimator, supervisor and project manager / engineer and has worked his way through these various fire system criteria’s to become an overall fire system specialist.
David is a Senior Associate within Fire & Safety Systems. This position requires him to travel the globe to use his fire system knowledge for our various global clients.
– Project Management Course
– Positive Blue Card Certified Design, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of:
– Ansul A101 Vehicle Fire Protection Systems
– Ansul Foam Products & Hardware
– High Pressure CO2 Systems
– Inergen (IG-541) Gas Suppression Systems
– R102 Kitchen Suppression Systems
– VESDA – Design & Maintenance Training
Areas of Expertise:
– Project Management
– Fire systems planning & design
– Fire Sprinklers & Deluge Systems
– Hydrants & Hose Reels
– Portable Fire Extinguishers
– Installation Supervision & Coordination
– Conceptual Systems Design
– Risk Analysis & Design Review
– Systems Commissioning
– Fire Systems Servicing & Maintenance
Total Years of Experience: 19